Where is the Festival being held?
The Festival is being held at Jeff’s Shed – the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC), 1 Convention Centre Place, South Bank (South Wharf).
Visitors enter the Festival via Door 7 which is located at the eastern end of the concourse.
When is the Festival and what are the opening times?
Friday 13 October 2023 from 9:30am to 5.00pm
Saturday 14 October 2023 from 9:30am to 5.00pm
Sunday 15 October 2023 from 9:30am to 5.00pm
What's happening at the Festival, and is there anything I need to rebook?
A visit to the Melbourne Dog Lovers Festival promises to be the most joyful, thrilling, educational, inspiring and fun day out this year!
What you’ll find at this year’s Festival:
* There’s so much to see and do, including the Bluey & Bingo Meet & Greets in the Kids Zone, which are ticketed, so bookings are required and spaces are limited. One ticket entitles a group of up to 6 (including parents/guardians) to meet Bluey & Bingo. Click here to book your Meet & Greet with Bluey & Bingo, when you book your entry tickets.
* More than 800 amazing DOGS representing 100+ breeds to meet over two days at Lyka Pat-A-Pooch, the PEDIGREE® Adoption Zone, InstaPooch on the ADVANCE™ Stage, and in the DOGS VIC Breed Showcase. BTW, please don’t BYO dogs!
* Unmissable SHOWS in the VitaPet Arena including Dr Katrina and Kelly Gill’s Wonderdogs; Farmer Dave Graham’s Extreme High Jumping Dogs and Temptation Alley; Lucy Karbowiak, Emily Lyons & The High Flying Team; the high-flying Antinol® DockDogs in a massive, 100,000-litre indoor pool; plus Australia’s most-agile dogs. See all the festival attractions here.
* Expert TIPS – for getting to know your hound, and making them healthier and happier – on the ADVANCE™ Stage from TV vet Dr Katrina Warren, expert trainers Kelly Gill, Luke Hura and Lauren Sellwood, and Dr Karl Kruszelnicki; and top breeders in the DOGS VIC Breed Showcase.
* SHOPPING & FOOD TRUCKS galore, with 100s of stands offering 1,000s of products & services, with stacks of new products, samples, show specials and dog-friendly clothing, beds, doors, food, groomers, insurers, kennels, leads, collars, pet-tech, photographers, retailers, toys, trainers, treats, vets and more! Click here to check out all the Exhibitors, & Sponsors.
* KIDS’ ENTERTAINMENT in the Kids Zone, with Free Doggy Face Painting and a Neon Glitter Selfie Wall for taking priceless photos to share across socials (Facebook and Instagram), as well as Bluey & Bingo, both live on the ADVANCE™ Stage, and in special Meet & Greets in the Kids Zone.
If you have a dog, want a dog, or simply love dogs, secure your tickets now, before they sell out!
How may I purchase tickets and how much are they?
- Adult $39.50
- Pensioner $29.50 (There is no Concession/Student ticket available for this Festival.)
- Child (5-15) $19.50 (Children 4 & under get in for free)
- Family $99.50 (2 adults & 2 children; must arrive together).
Additional booking fees, transaction and credit card fees apply to online tickets. Ticket prices will change as the Festival draws closer. To see the full range of ticket pricing, click here.
- Wish to use a Companion or Carer’s Card? Simply present the card to ticketing or security staff at the door. You will just need to purchase a child, adult or pensioner’s ticket for the person in your care.
- Once you’re inside, everything to see and do at the Festival is included in your ticket price – apart from food & drinks of course!
- You don’t need to print your tickets; simply show the QR code on your phone as you enter the Festival.
- A Bluey Meet & Greet ‘ticket’ entitles a group (up to 6 people) to take part in the Meet & Greet. So, essentially, each ‘family’ just books one ‘spot’ for the Meet & Greet, when they are purchasing their ticket to the Festival.
- For answers to other ticket-related questions, please click here and scroll to the bottom of the page, or complete this form. Lup will respond to all requests within 48 business hours.
- We strongly advise against buying tickets from third parties. The people trying to sell tickets on our social media pages are unfortunately usually scammers offering fake tickets. Unfortunately, we are unable to verify whether tickets bought via third parties are valid, and we will not accept fake tickets at the door. Thank you for your understanding.
- Please, don’t bring your own dog. Read our policy here and learn more about dog welfare and safety here.
May I use a Companion Card to enter the Festival?
Yes! Simply present the card to ticketing or security staff at the door. You will just need to purchase a child, adult or pensioner’s ticket for the person in your care.
I’ve bought tickets but I can’t find them. Could you re-send them to me?
Once you have purchased your tickets they will be emailed to your inbox as a link embedded in the email.
Click on the links in the email and they will open a blank web page and the tickets will download directly into your downloads box.
If you are unable to find your confirmation email, please check your junk or spam mail folders. The sender’s name will be Lup Events.
If you still can’t find your tickets, you can request your ticket to be re-sent by clicking here and filling out the form.
Lup will respond to all requests within 48 business hours.
May I change the day that I attend?
Where can I park and what are the public transport options?
For a full rundown on car parking, see this page. NB. MCEC’s pre-booked car parking is always quick to sell out, and their casual parking (on the day) will fill up quickly, so please consider other options, including: Wilson’s South Wharf Retail Car Park.
We highly recommend taking advantage of one of the many excellent public transport options to avoid car parking costs and traffic delays. For a rundown of all the public transport options, please click here.
Will there any ATMs, and is food available to purchase at the venue?
ATM machines are located within the venue.
Most exhibitors will be selling and launching an extensive range of fantastic new products and services at the event with Festival Specials and great offers exclusive to the Dog Lovers Festival.
BYO your credit card or cash as most exhibitors will be selling and launching an extensive range of fantastic new products and services at the event with Festival Specials and great offers exclusive to the Dog Lovers Festival!
May I bring my dog with me to the Festival?
We love all dogs but, as the name of the Festival suggests, this event has been set-up for ‘Dog Lovers‘, not ‘dogs’. So, due to health and safety reasons (for dogs and humans!) and because it is mainly an indoor event, unfortunately we are unable to allow visitors to bring their dogs into the Festival.
When you get home, they will be so happy to see you, as you’ll be loaded with treats and toys for them. You’ll also know so much more about them and for this they will love you even more!
For more information regarding this policy, please click here.
Are assistance dogs permitted to enter the Festival?
Yes, visitors with assistance dogs are permitted to bring their dogs to the Festival.
An animal does not need to be registered as an assistance animal under the Companion Animals Act 1998 to be permitted access to a public place or public transport.
Staff in charge of access to public places and transport are entitled to request reasonable proof that your animal is a genuine assistance animal.
Will there be any additional costs once I’m inside the Festival?
No! Once you’re inside, everything to see and do at the Festival is included in your ticket price (apart from food and drinks of course!).
Bring your credit card along to shop from the incredible range of dog products among our wonderful exhibitors who, but the way, will most likely be giving away free samples so BYO shopping bag, too!
These include: more than 800 dogs across the weekend; the Antinol® DockDogs; the VitaPet Arena shows including Farmer Dave Graham, Dr Katrina Warren and Kelly Gill; ADVANCE™ Stage presentations featuring Dr Karl, Bluey & Bingo and InstaPooch; the PEDIGREE® Adoption Zone; Lyka Pat-A-Pooch; the DOGS VIC Breed Showcase; Doggy Face Painting and the Neon Glitter Selfie Wall and more!
Please note, there is limited seating for VitaPet Arena and ADVANCE™ Stage shows, so we recommend arriving early. Spots will be allocated on a first-in-best-dressed basis however, there will be loads of standing room!
Tell me more about the Free Doggy Face Painting, and food options for the kids!
Hungry kids will love the Food Trucks and the cafes.
They’ll also love the Free Doggy Face Painting, which provides kids with the opportunity to have their face painted with their favourite breed of dog from a wide range of options.
Once your face is transformed, head on over to the Kids Zone where you can snap a pic against the Neon Glitter Selfie Wall. The finished products will amuse, delight, turn heads and be THE perfect photo op to share across social media, tagging us @thedogloversfestival and #dogloversfestival. Don’t forget to Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram!
May I purchase products and services at the Festival?
Absolutely! It’s like a huge, doggy-department store, with hundreds of exhibitors showcasing and selling all the latest and greatest products and services to reward your pooch!
There’ll be shopping galore, with 100s of stands offering 1,000s of products & services, with stacks of new products, samples, show specials and dog-friendly clothing, beds, doors, food, groomers, insurers, kennels, leads, collars, pet-tech, photographers, retailers, toys, trainers, treats, vets and more!
Where may I view the Festival Map, and timetables for attractions at the Festival?
May I purchase a dog at the Festival?
We do not support the sale of dogs on-site at the Festival.
We are governed by the Victorian Domestic Animals Act, which states that under no circumstances are we permitted to have any dog adopted and/or sold at the event.
We do however want to you to be as well-informed as possible regarding the best doggo for you and your lifestyle.
All the information a new or prospective fur-parent could ever need will be available at the Festival, coupled with helpful dog experts!
You may certainly kick off the process with conversations with breeders and adoption groups at the Festival, and start your journey to becoming a fur-parent!
Which dog breeds will be showcased at the Festival?
At the 2023 Breed Showcase, proudly presented by DOGS Victoria, visitors will be able to meet and compare a wide range of dog breeds. Click here to find out more about the breeds on show within the DOGS VIC Breed Showcase.
How do I book an exhibitor stand in the Expo part of the Festival?
May I contact to someone without fur?
For any additional enquiries not covered on the website please contact the Pet Projects International team at [email protected] or call 1300 889 655.
How do I find out more about the Volunteer Program?
Applications for our 2023 volunteer program are now open so please visit this page to complete an online application form stating your availability, and we’ll be in touch with you.
All volunteers receive:
• Free entry to the Festival
• Full briefing/induction prior to the event
• Dog Lovers Festival t-shirt to wear on-site (and to take home!)
• A meal voucher (lunch) if working across meal hours, and a
• Certificate of contribution.
For more information, please contact Trudi via [email protected]
Click on the questions below for answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).